While trying to keep myself entertained while riding the bus home, I had the random thought of identifying some of the primary reasons I am excited to find that special woman to marry and spend the rest of eternity with. I make it no secret that when it comes to marriage and starting my own family, the idea makes me twitterpated, so it is without reservation I share them.
I originally attempted to put them in “top 10” format, but the last 5 were all so good, I couldn’t possibly put them in ascending order… so don’t read too much into the order in which they are listed.
- Someon to put my arm around (and on occasion, recieve a back scratch) at church.
- Neck massages and hot chocolate from a thermos after surfing.
- Someone to sing to Jack Johnson with in the car (as well as other songs in other places).
- Dinner… anything is better than cold cereal and mac & cheese.
- Someone who will always be there for me.
- Sex is awesome… so I’m told.
- 4-5 little Garrett Jr.’s.
- Someone to spoil with love and adoration, and to receive the same in return.
- Someone to inspire me and help me become a better person.
- A best friend to talk to and laugh with.
I’d love to hear either what you look forward to, or currently enjoy, in marriage.